Once your new concrete driveway is professionally installed it is relatively maintenance free. It’s still important to keep these concrete driveway maintenance tips in-mind.
- Remove dirt and debris from your concrete driveway. You can do this with a broom and if needed hose the driveway down to remove dirt.
- Chemicals such as motor oil, grease, and paint should be removed immediately. The faster you act the better your chances are of keeping your driveway stain free.
- Weeds and grass should be removed between the expansion joints, so they don’t cause cracks in your driveway.
- De-icing materials can be very hard on your driveway. Make sure you use a winter de-icing agent that is concrete-friendly.
- Concrete driveways should be resealed every few years. Discuss the sealing schedule with your concrete contractor.